If your business has a physical location or service area, local search optimization can be beneficial. This specific form of search engine optimization (SEO) can better your visibility to people in your area.
Local search optimization can be useful to businesses such as:
- Brick-and-mortar stores, offices, and other businesses
- Companies that operate throughout a city, region, or other geographic area, like attorneys, doctors, realtors and home service providers
What Does Local Search Optimization Entail?
The goal of local optimization is to get your business in front of the people who live, work and travel nearby. Strategies might include:
- Claiming your business listings on Google, directory websites, and also on social media. This step ensures your location appears in location-specific searches. We make sure we’re following the most up-to-date guidelines for representing your business on Google and elsewhere.
- Working to get more reviews from past clients or customers in places like Yelp, Google, and Facebook. Reviews do not just validate your business to others. They also help your organic search rankings.
- Engaging on social media with local people. This effort can grow your interactions as well as your followers.
- Using location-specific keywords on your website in both pages and blog posts.
When you’ve got a great business, people should know about it. Local search optimization can help ensure you’re visible to those who are looking in your area for a company like yours.
Get Help from Marketing Experts
Over the past decade, our team has worked with many brick-and-mortar and service-area businesses. Using best practices and a strong plan, we work to increase companies’ local visibility online. This step typically comes in addition to SEO, PPC, and other efforts.
If you’re interested in starting or improving your marketing plan, let’s talk. We welcome you to contact Envoca today to schedule a marketing consultation.