It’s no secret that Google emphasizes great mobile marketing as more people rely on searching from their smart phones and tablets. In 2016, the company made a handful of huge changes to the mobile search and advertising space. These updates include:
- A redesign of the cluttered desktop search engine results page (SERP) to look more like the mobile in-line SERP
- More control for advertisers for their mobile and tablet bid adjustments
- Introduction of price extensions for mobile ads for better look and feel
- A mobile-first search index that’s in the works
Last, but certainly not least, Google just announced a new click-to-message extension. With message extensions, users can click to text a business directly from the SERP. Like other ad extensions, this new extension shows up alongside an advertiser’s ads on the SERP – often larger and with more features, while increasing click-through-rate (CTR).
Benefits of the click-to-message extension include:
- The ability to create a pre-written text message to easily start conversations with mobile users
- The same CPC fee for AdWords advertisers when a user clicks on a message extension as if they clicked on the ad’s headline or another ad extension
- The extension in beta showed a 50 percent increase in CTR than a regular mobile ad
Like Google’s other advertising products, AdWords message extension has the potential to improve CTR.
Want to hear more about the new message extension? Give us a call for the insider details!